Listened to the heart today, and the lungs. Heard wheeze & crackle, murmur n' gallop...Joni the Mannequin kept seizing on us every 15 minutes as we auscultated, Her eyes are a beautiful sky blue! We have a quiz tomorrow....we'll see how it goes!
Yesterday's lesson included an introduction to guided imagery, as utilized in nursing practice. Our professor walked us through a meditation like excursion in our minds...We all closed our eyes, and were told to first picture our most favorite place...Somewhere serene...Somewhere calming...and then to put ourselves in that soothing place and imagine all of the details that make up this location. Mine was the beach, a spot I've gone for years, and always bring visitors to. A place to sit and breathe the saline, enjoying the cool, soft wind on my face. I pictured this spot, I could see it so real... and then my block began...I couldn't imagine myself in that place. I could see it from far away, but I could not put myself there, calm and happy.
I knew I was stressed out when I woke up that morning to find Rex {my husband} sleeping on the couch by way of extreme fatigue...however, my stress balled up and invaded my guided imagery beach scene until I was kicked out of concentration all together. Then I was supposed to help 'unruffle' a bunch of other students in practice, and felt like I was just spewing tension all over them...
I got home that day to find a many beautiful gifts my husband had made for me {he's in construction}, and with each happy kiss between us, I felt my stress melt away.
"The quality and impact of the healing, is influenced by the relationship between the giver and the receiver of the energy."--Janet Mantegen
No comments:
Post a Comment